an interdisciplinary community
lovingly feeling our way
around (and towards) what is
to welcome and hear
(fee lee uh soe fee uh)
[[new Latin philia, tending toward, (from Greek philos loving, beloved, dear) +
sophia wisdom, understanding what is]]
We invite you to join in our conversation, by sending a blank e-mail to:
Some topics we've already touched:
- time pressures and overload
- how can we speak from experience?
- different kinds of censorship
- in conversation, being safe to be foggy, and also free to be bold
- poverty, oppression and injustice
- do we need to choose between goodness and beauty?
- out of what wider matrix does right action spring?
- being in community
- spiritual principles, and shame
- how we've been affected in parent-child relationships
- whether it is possible for people to change
- whether causing pain to others is okay
- being a china bull
- sitting under the table and contemplating the sky
- thoughts after teaching piano for 45,000 hours
- spiritual experiments
- becoming a grandmother again
- the wisdom of that inner kid
This material © 2000, 2002 by Kye Nelson. All rights reserved.